Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thunder hunger

I do apologise for the slackness and infrequency of my postings of late, I've been doing that work malarkey.

But, today looks as if there will be less of that nonsense, so more of this nonsense!

I may even put up the second part of my serial post, which attracted at least 1 reader! Needless exclamation mark!

So, yes, working.

Yesterday I was going to post all about the weekend I had - oh yes, I had one - but then I got distracted by work and the task of making a rubber band ball. This is a tough thing to do whilst still appearing to work hard, but somehow, somehow I managed it. I got halfway through a really decent sized ball and then took it home with me to bring back this morning, but I forgot it. Drat and double bums!

Instead of all that tosh though, I shall instead regale you with tales of bi-linguality and the interest that arises therein.

I am bi-lingual, which is to say that I like many types of pasta. Linguine, fettuccine, marscapone, Tosca, Verdi, you get the idea.

Now, most people think that pasta was invented in Italy, but I can exclusively reveal that they are totally and completely wrong of wrongsville and they should book themselves a flight home aboard Ryanair, as that is intrinsically wrong.

Pasta, all forms of it, was and were in fact invented by the Ancient Greeks, as is much of our modern day society and most things worth mentioning.

The Ancient Greeks lived a long time ago during the Ancient period of history, which encompasses time and people over 36 years old.

'You're 38, oh my gosh, you're ancient!' said the small child.

While rolling sausage rolls into smaller and smaller cylinders they discovered that you could make pasta, which is why authentic pasta has that original slightly sausagey taste.

As the Ancient Greeks moved into 1973 (the rest of the world was still stuck in the mid 50s - they were very ahead of their time the Ancient Greeks) they found they could do all sorts of things with their pasta, including rolling up into small cylinders, curving the tops, filling it with gunpowder and using it as a form of non lethal bullet.

The rest of the world copied this idea, but not having pasta they had to use rubber and thus, rubber bullets were born, once again an Ancient Greek invention.

The other Ancient Greek invention worth a mention is without doubt the original digestive biscuit. I once met a Greek man (not ancient unfortunately) who was convinced that a glass of water swiftly followed by a digestive chewed in a clockwise fashion would cure most symptoms of a cold, flu, angina and cancer of the knee.

Science has since proved this to be totally true.

No comments:

Post a Comment