Thursday, May 21, 2009

I'm sure I'll be back

Lately I discovered the phrase 'I deal in the surreal'.

By this, I don't mean I sell fluorescent door knockers that go 'awooga'. I don't mean that people invite me to parties to say silly things, or invite me to say things at all actually.

Yesterday it was put to me that 'you just never know when you might be called upon to do a bit of stand-up comedy'. I took this as both a prophecy and a compliment. You see, I wrote a clever and slightly good word play joke which got a laugh of two entirely different crowds of people, and I was pleased.

I'm not going to tell you what the joke was (and not its not that 'deal/surreal' one) because as soon as you put something of yours on the internet, it is no longer really yours. In fact the more original and brilliant it is the more people will claim it is theirs, they had the idea first, etc.

Ouch, I've just realised, just as I'm about to go to bed, that I've no breakfast cereal for tomorrow morning, and I do, I so do want some breakfast tomorrow. Damn you schedules and things and people and places and time! Darn you all to heck!

I'm sure I'll be back.

1 comment:

  1. I am the voice of the future telling you, you do attually have enough breakfast cereal for tommorrow but you just don't think you have check your cupboards!!! you won't listen though I know how this story ends, you go to asda anyway and only realise when you get back, argh the tradigy.

    ReplyDelete