Tuesday, May 26, 2009

LIfting weights with Ghandi

Now then, where were we?

Ah yes:


The secret to a good ramble is to start out boldly, not knowing where you're headed. Sure, if you want to you could plan a few steps ahead, but more than that is unnecessary really. Simply follow every thought as it develops and find the best distraction which will cause the most laughter.

I remember writing about distractions in one of my early blog posts, about the Mother of All Distractions, actually. As I ponder this I realise that here is a character I've left woefully under developed in my blog. We've had appearances from Herbert and more recently the rogue 'The Swine Flu Riddler' but I left this poor woman all on her own with no one to talk too and not even some nibbles. Shameful, I'm sure you'll agree.

On the note of things not really forgotten; I will be posting the next part of my 'Man on a hill' series, soon. I'm also, you'll be delighted to know, working on a new serial based on a phrase used by the inexplicably inedible Miklos Lowenstein* to be called 'Village'.

Anyway, back to 'Mother' or MAD as she's known for short.

She's a lovely lady, and surprisingly, very focused in her job. I suppose when you give birth to so many distractions, you really learn diligence. Diligence is a good word and for some reason mostly puts me in mind of the French Army, which I know many of you will laugh at.

I find it quite comical how the French are always reviled for their lack of military skill or success and yet managed to provide us with Napoleon Bonaparte, one of the best military tacticians in a flock of seagulls and The Foreign Legion, who are universally renowned and respected. I mean, just look at the people on the discussion page of their wikipedia entry trying to seem cool to people they've never met by pretending they're 'all hard and stuff.'

Golly, the internet is really ruining our lives, isn't it?

Apart from in all the ways its made them just slightly better, and stuff.

I'm not going to finish there, as I previously thought, because I fell that to do so would be to rob you of another of my [not] award winning (and bracket inducing)

Musical Jokes!

I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK,
...

Oh wait, that one's not mine.

This one, however, is;

(to the tune of 'Supermassive Black Hole' by Muse)

'Arghh,
I'm getting sucked in, help. Please.
Oh no, nothing can escape its pull, not
even sound, so you can't hear me.
Bummer, even my line
structure
has gone to
p
o
t.

And so, now I will leave you with the thought that I'm rediscovering the calming and cooling power of a good workout, so if you see me running in your neighbourhood;

vote for me. ish.

* I need those reports on my desk by 11 on Wednesday, Lowenstein!

No comments:

Post a Comment