Thursday, January 8, 2009

Why does packing tape smell like wee?

I started thinking this after using packing tape at work and noticing it smelt a lot like wee. I wondered about this and set about trying to find the answer.

I started digging!

After I'd finished digging, my vegetable patch looked great, there was a new Liverpool to Leeds Canal and I'd finally finished my centre for the animals.

Fed up with digging I returned to the task at hand, only to find that UPS had delivered the mother of all distractions. Under her arm the Mother of All Distractions held some industrial bubble wrap. She gave me some and we had a little chat, after which I'd completely forgotten what I was doing. That always happens when I'm talking to her. Luckily for me, I'd got the industrial bubble wrap, stuff which is as big as your fist and twice as ugly!
It makes such a satisfying popping sound when you crush it, well, either that or it makes the kind of disappointing piffle sound that makes you think the invisible man has let off a weak fart whilst standing next to you. Hmmm, invisibility will have to be saved for another topic.

Once I had popped my bubble wrap and binned it I was almost back to the important topic of today when I remembered, much to my horror and dismay, that I couldn't click my heels to the left! This was an important task that had to be prioritised and seen to right away.
I quickly entered the adequately large warehouse portion of my workplace and began to practice. After discovering that I could still do it quite well to the right I set about training my body to go leftwards. Not easy when your entire left side is French.
Looking like some overly springy one man line dancing troupe I flailed to the left and to the right and then back again. During this process I quickly had the thought that Old Peoples Home's always smell like wee too, but that was quickly dismissed as I needed all of my puny man brain power to jump and click and land and step and jump and click and land and repeat...

With my heel clicking woes finally subsiding I sat down to do some work. 2 minutes later with all my work done I needed a break. Life is tough when you're the King of your own imaginary kingdom and all the peoples that live therein. I just came up with a law that outlawed all my invisible men from farting weakly, for a start.

After a stirring rendition of the first two verses of 'Dear Lord and Father of Mankind' I sat down to get on with the rest of my day. Realising that the rest of my day was done I wrote this. And I still haven't figured out why packing tape smells a lot like wee.

No comments:

Post a Comment